Monday, February 9, 2015

   Before I had 100 miles on La Lair, the "check engine light" came on, so took it back to the dealer where it sits, waiting for a part to arrive from overseas while I drive a loaner. The dealer claims the computer shows the diesel engine's emissions valve is at fault, but other new diesel ProMaster owners with similar issues claim it might be a software glitch. 

  So I'm using this time to repair my low maintenance cottage. I had wood-boring ants on two pieces of water-soaked siding near my deck (see upper left photo below), and elsewhere three pieces of siding were rotting. I have different kinds of boots each designed for an exclusive purpose; one pair is a $10 Wal-Mart steel-toed and thick-soled boot for comfort on ladders. Spent the past few weeks fitting new siding, up and down the ladder umpteen times scraping, priming, and painting the front of my cottage. Next winter, I'll finish the north side of my cottage. 





1 comment:

  1. PS: Five years after the above "check engine light" incident (software issue with emissions), that light came on again (about the 4th time, the light is usually cancelled-out by a Chrysler-Dodge authorized ProMaster garage), but this time they told me I needed an entire new emissions system (the vacuum-packed DEF tank and all the tech gadgets attached, about a $4,000 repair job under warranty). So I waited about 3 months for those parts, and another month for them to install it and get the authorization to be paid by Chyrsler/Dodge since it was just barely within my 60 month warranty. All I paid was the $100 deductible. I love my diesel van because it can haul great! However, considering the jinx incidents all related to the emissions system, I'd avoid diesel if I was buying a new ProMaster

    ReplyDelete