Sunday, May 17, 2015

The USA Capitol's Congestions

     I'm a Yankee transplanted to the Piney Woods of East Texas 23 years ago. Only rarely do I visit my sister in the greater DC area, but when I do, I look forward to returning to the rural simplicity of East Texas. For the past week at my sister's place, she, her hubby and I have biked many multi-purpose trails, including the noisey Baltimore-Washington International Airport Loop. We load our bikes and drive to a trailhead. It's an adventure in patience!


     Once on the bike trail, the scenery is usually a green one, lots of flowering bulbs and bushes, with trees and grass that are well-groomed. But, even on bike trails, there are busy streets to stop and cross at stop signs. One day we biked to the historic Fort Lincoln Cemetery and even there, I had to stop at busy streets.


     But the piece de resistance of my patience went to this trailhead in Berwyn Heights, Maryland.  Just ahead of my parked van is a left-hand turn to the parking lot to the Anacostia Tributary Trail System, and when I saw this foolhardy deer crossing area, I had to document it or no one would believe me.


     Yep, looking forward to upstate rural New York! But might stop by New Jersey to fill up the diesel fuel tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment