Friday, September 16, 2016

Rainy Days in Missouri

     The weather has me cooped up inside La Lair or at a library. And I'm short on good photos to share (cracked my camera screen).  I've been waiting out thunderstorms, rain off and on, 90 percent humidity, 90 degree heat, and no cold front behind the line of storms, triple-ugh :(
My bike looks pretty forlorn doesn't it?



    My original plan was to bike to Sedalia's Railroad Depot from Pilot Grove. It's one of Missouri's many depot stops on its 225-mile Katy Bike Trail. My sister and her hubby biked the entire Katy Trail twice about 10 years ago! They took this photo at Sedalia. It's one of our favorite photos because everytime we look at it, we laugh. It's her Stevie Wonder imitation.
  


     So instead of biking on a hot muggy day with a good chance of more rain, I drove to the Sedalia Railroad Depot to see if that piano was still there. There it was, the same piano, but faded and weathered over the last decade. The townsfolk put the piano there to honor Scott Joplin who spent about a decade in Sedalia teaching piano lessons to future ragtime composers. Just for fun, I did a Stevie Wonder imitation, too.


Near Sedalia, I found several pleasant dirt roads.


I enjoy going 15 mph with no one behind me.




These cows were miserably hot, too. I commoooserated with them in fluent cow language.


Shade under a tree is nice, too.



Coming up (hopefully), a day floating down the Current River with Sherman's Gang.

3 comments:

  1. Emotions are running inside me ! I love that piano !! Can't believe that it is still there ???? Whoa !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your impersonation of Stevie! Stay dry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Updated the timeframe of my sister/hubby photo at piano in Sedalia, she says it was 10 yrs ago, not 15.

      Delete