Monday, July 16, 2018

Up in Indiana where the tall corn grows . . . .

Lyle Lovett's song has been playing in my mind . . . .


     I'm on my way to visit my sister in Maryland . . . crossed the Arkansas River at Little Rock, Arkansas. That's a very long barge being pushed by a tug.


Was very happy to leave hot, buggy muggy Texas!


Twas happy to leave behind the lubber grasshoppers back in Texas. They're as big and thick as my middle finger and "disgustingly beautiful".


Have been getting back into my "nomadic no-agenda" frame of mind.  Indiana's back road scenery is bucolic. Lots of cornfields dotted with beautiful red barns.


Don't know why these red barns warm my heart . . . 


 They have so much character.



In my spare time, I'm designing a barndominium based on the classic red barn. Just a dream for now . . .


Amish live in southwestern Indiana. I spent my youth in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, so I'm very familiar with this religious sect. See the buggy's mud flap?

     I'm in Crawfordsville, Indiana (just west of Indianapolis), unexpectedly writing this post in an air-conditioned waiting room at a Ram/Dodge ProMaster dealer. I spent the night in their parking lot so I could be first in line this morning. But I might be here all week because I'm service customer number 23! My fuel intake gauge (maybe) got busted by an over-zealous diesel fuel nozzle back in Illinois. Since then, I can't pump fuel into the tank (it spurts out, doesn't go into the tank) and my fuel capacity gauge reads "full" permanently. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be back on the road.




No comments:

Post a Comment