Friday, June 16, 2017

Pineapple Express Comes to Idaho Panhandle

     Called my neighbor Chef Jim back in East Texas yesterday and he said it was 101 degrees in the shade! I'm gloating OK. Here in the Idaho Panhandle, it's mid-40s at night and mid-60s and overcast during the day. I've been wearing wool socks. I suppose this is a Pineapple Express.


I'm camping on the Pend Oreille River (click here for map location), a place called Riley Creek Campground.


Yesterday, took a walk with my camera.


This is a peaceful and quiet campground.


A wood fern in the middle of beautiful slender-leaf ferns.
Yellow iris (below).


It's cool, beautiful and relaxing here.


The campground has many hardy old cedar trees with wonderful bark.


Not even a woodpecker condo seems to hurt them.


Today however it's raining, but not complaining. I'll take a Pineapple Express any day over a heat wave.

1 comment:

  1. A good reason to fly north with the pelicans during the Texas summer!!

    ReplyDelete