Friday, June 30, 2017

Canada's Mount Revelstoke National Park

     Mount Revelstoke National Park has a lot to boast about -- glaciers, a rain forest, and an alpine meadow to name a few. 


I was there at 8 AM, opening time for their 16 mile "Meadows in the Sky Parkway".


But the last six or so miles of the parkway were closed so I couldn't see the wildflowers in the alpine meadow at the top . . . but these roadside flowers were a good substitute.


Everyone had to park and walk there.


Wasn't in the mood to join another crowd so I contented myself with the "Inspiration Woods Trail" because I needed a lot of inspiration.



Very enjoyable 1.5 mile trail. There were only two "runners" on the trail and one family. 



I could hear trickling water during the entire walk.


Here's a 2-minute slideshow.


PS: I'm venturing off Highway One this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment